Monday, October 18, 2010

Random Good Music- 10/18/2010

Here's are the tracks on repeat on my iPod right now that I could find on YouTube, and some I couldn't.

Robyn-Indestructible


I discovered this song Saturday night and, in the two days since, have listened to it 25+ times. "I'm gonna love you like I've never been hurt before" is my current favorite lyric. I am 100% ready to jump on the Robyn bandwagon.

Eyedea- Radio Appearance Freestyle


The rapper Eyedea passed away yesterday at the age of 28 due to a heart attack. I was not familiar with his work, but lots of people I follow on twitter were big fans. I'm having trouble getting into alot of his stuff that I've heard. Lyrically he's amazing but he really loves sampling electric guitar and that just doesn't work in most rap songs unless you are an incredible producer (example: JAY-Z's D.O.A. produced by No ID). This freestyle however, is fucking amazing. Seriously one of the best things I've ever seen. Slug from Atmosphere is good, but Eyedea blows him away.

Ruckus Roboticus- Chicks


I recently bought Adam Warrock's fucking incredible album (more coming on that in a future post) produced by Ruckus Roboticus. Included on it as bonus material was the single off of Ruckus's solo EP- "The Chicks EP." Chicks is an awesome song and I will definitely be picking up the EP.

Well, the digital version of picking it up. Probably Amazon. Bandcamp if it's there. Bandcamp takes the smallest cut, Amazon and iTunes take 30%. If you are buying independent music, try to buy it off that site for the artist's benefit. (end PSA)

Kanye West- Christian Dior Denim Flow


I've been loving Kanye's G.O.O.D. Friday output but, like Monster, I can't stop listening to this track. I am so excited for this album. I love Kanye and I don't even care that he's a total diva. #ITSAPROCESS



This is my favorite track off of Crystal Castles (II). I legitimately cannot get into the rest of the album, even though I like it a lot, because I just keep putting this song on repeat and listening to it instead of anything else.

Dirty Projectors- No Intention

Despite this track being mellow as hell, I sing along to this in my car with the same fervor as I would Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" or any other anthem. This song is a treat. A goddamn treat. I want to take this song out to dinner pay for it.

My Gold Mask- I Don't Need The Reason
I couldn't find this one on YouTube but you can download it here, completely legitimately, for free. This song makes me rock out and smile at subject matter that makes me pretty sad. Maybe that's a crude way to put it, but I think it's pretty high praise.


Other tracks I'm hung up on but couldn't find:

Four Tet- Sing
Adam Warrock's fucking incredible album "The War for Infinity"
That hip-hop album I'm going to write one day


Das Racist- Combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell (Wallpaper Remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment